One of the most noticeable trends in healthcare over the last years is the continuous growth of data volume produced and its heterogeneity. The concept of PACS (Picture Archive and Communication Systems), alongside the technological endeavors of DICOM-compliant systems, is deeply grounded in medical institutions, supporting the production and providing healthcare practitioners with the ability to set up collaborative work environments with researchers and academia for study and improve healthcare practice.
The advantages of exploring a medical imaging repository as a multimodal data structure, and the benefits of intelligent content discovery techniques designed for those repositories, has become perceptible to the community in the last years. The images that were once in a “dormant” state can now be deeply explored, supporting research processes and the new services for decision support.
Many healthcare institutions are outsourcing their medical imaging services to public Cloud providers, making use of Web-based technologies. Those platforms have many advantages like, for instance, high scalability and redundancy. However, managing communications between multiple geo-distributed locations is still challenging, due to the complexity of dealing with huge volumes of data and bandwidth requirements. Moreover, security and privacy continue to be a critical issue.
The topics include, but are not limited to:
- Multimodal Information Storage and Retrieval
- PACS at Cloud (data redundancy, security, scalability, etc)
- Platforms for Research and Academia
- Prospective authors are invited to submit papers in any of the topics listed above.
- Instructions for preparing the manuscript (in Word and Latex formats) are available at: Call for Papers (main track)
- Please also check the Guidelines.
- Papers must be submitted electronically via the web-based submission system.
- Carlos Costa, University of Aveiro, Portugal
- David Clunie, PixelMed Publishing, USA
- Julian Dorado, University of A Coruña, Spain
- Luís Silva Bastião, BMD Software, Portugal
Easychair platform for submissions: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=cbms2021